AS 1530.4 Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures Part 4: Fire-resistance test of elements of construction
This Standard provides methods for determining the fire resistance of various elements of construction when subjected to standard fire exposure conditions.
- Radiant heat measurements are given in Appendix A.
- Alternative heating and radiation exposure conditions,which may be used for evaluation of Alternative solutions,voluntary upgrades and other applications where the standard heating regime may not be applicable,and additional procedures tomeet special requirements are given in Appendix B.
- Unless one of the alternative heating regimes is specifically required, the standard time temperature curve applies(see Figure2.10.1)
- AS 1720.4,AS 3600,AS 3700 and AS 4100 may also be used to determine the fire resistance of an element of construction.
- The assessment of smoke production and smoke spread when testing specimens is outside the scope of this Standard. Significant smoke production can occur even though an elementof construction may have achieved high FRLs. Other test methods, such as AS 1530.7,may be considered when evaluating the potential for smoke spread.
The following referenced documents are indispensable for the application of this document. For dated references, only the edition cited applies. For undated references, the latest edition of the referenced document (including any amendments) applies.
NOTE: For a list of informative documents referenced in this Standard ,see Bibliography at the end of the document.
AS 1530 Methods for fire tests on building materials,components and structures
AS 1530.1 Part1:Combustibility test for materials
AS 1905 Components for the protection of openings in fire-resistant walls
AS 1905.2 Part2: Fire-resistant roller shutters
AS 3013 Electrical installations—Classification of the fire and mechanical performance of wiring systems
AS 4072 Components for the protection of openings in fire-resistant separating elements
AS 4072.1 Part1：Service penetrations and control joints
AS/NZS 1905 Components for the protection of openings in fire-resistnt walls
AS/NZS 1905.1 Part1：Fire-resistant doorsets
ANSI MC96 Temperature measurement thermocouples
IEC 60584 Thermocuples
IEC 60584.1 Part1：Reference tables
ISO 5167 Measurement of fluid flow by means of pressure difference devices inserted in circualar cross-section running full
ISO 5167.1 Part1：General principles and requirements
ISO 5221 Air distribution and air diffusion—rules to methods of measuring air flow rate in an air-handling duct